Monday, January 11, 2010

Green, Disgusting, or Just Confused?

Within seconds of my previous post I was lambasted by a loyal reader who says he's seen this sort of "cleaning optional" sign for years.

"It started with towels," he said (which I actually have seen many times), "the moved to bedsheets maybe 10 years ago."

Well, OK, but how about a place that doesn't clean your room...period...every day? No vacuum, not even a cursory look at the bathroom, nothing nada.

Nevertheless, in the spirit of I May Be a Doofus, let me give you a Top 10 List of Other New Stuff I've Seen Lately...

1. How about these so-called "smart phones"? Did you know you can get your email on them?

2. Wow, who knew you could find music and even movies online and download them?

3. Has anyone else noticed that big-city newspapers are getting smaller?

4. Does there seem to be too much useless entertainment gossip in our media, or is it just me?

5. Dylan went electric?

6. Reality TV doesn't seem so real to me, know what I mean?

7. I don't get why all these bloggers are so popular. Can't we trust our mainstream media to get things right anymore?

8. When did one of George Carlin's "seven words" become more common on radio and TV than the synonyms "mad" and "angry"?

9. I wish someone had told me sooner that I don't need to go to the box office to get tickets for the game. Would have saved me TONS of time.

10. Those grocery scanners at modern supermarkets, whew, are they cool or what?

0 comments:

Post a Comment